BELIZE RETIRED PERSONS INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Who Can Qualify
- Anyone forty-five years and older can qualify for the program.
- A person who qualifies can also include his or her dependents in the program.
- Dependents include spouses and children under the age of eighteen. However, it can include a
person up to the age of twenty-three if enrolled in a university.
- Belizeans who are 45 and older can qualify if they are returning to live in Belize.
1. Submit Application Form (Request Form)
2. Birth Certificate Copy for each member of the family ( Notarized )
3. Marriage Certificate Copy, (if married and spouse is a dependant) ( Notarized )
4. Authentic/Original Police Record from last place of residence, issued 1 month prior to application for applicant, wife and children 18 years and older.
5. Passport Color Copies of Complete Passport (including all blank pages) for each family member, each page must be certified and stamped by a Notary Public.
6. Proof of Income
An official statement from a Bank or Financial Institution from the country of residence certifying that the applicant is the recipient of a monthly income of a minimum of US $2,000.00 through a pension or annuity that has been generated outside of Belize.
7. Medical Examination plus AIDS test for each member of the family.
Please note that after approval into the program all retirees are to open a Local Bank
Account and deposit their monthly pension funds. The Belize Tourism Board will request bank statements on a yearly basis to show proof of income and compliance with the retirement program.
8. Four front and four side passport photographs of each family member.
Note: Items 5, 7 and 8 can be completed in Belize when you are visiting.
Incentives and Benefits
Regulation on Aircraft
- Qualified Retired Persons can import personal effects free of import duties;
- Qualified Retired persons are strongly encourage to procure a vehicle in Belize, no older than three years. However, we will facilitate duty and tax exemption on an imported vehicle. Motor vehicles must be no older than 3 years from the present year.
- Qualified Retired Persons can import a boat free of import duties to be used for personal use;
- Qualified Retired Persons are exempted from payment of all taxes on income received from outside Belize.
Note: All importation must be done within a year after the date of approval into the program. A
Master List of household & personal effects must be submitted for approval before shipping.
Application Processing Fees
- A Qualified Retired Person is entitled to import a light aircraft less than 17,000 kg.
- A Qualified Retired Person is required to have a valid Private Pilot license to fly in Belize.
- This license can be obtained by passing the requirements set by the Civil Aviation. However, if the participant has a valid pilot's license, that license only has to be validated by Civil Aviation Department in Belize.
- Our application processing fee for a Single Applicant and follow up on Retiree Card and Customs Letter for Duty Exemption is US $700.00 in addition to general sales tax of 12.5% plus estimated miscellaneous expenses of US $100 for local courier, telephone, fax, e-mail, photocopy and office supplies.
- Processing of Additional dependent to the same application pays a fee of US $75.00, plus 12.5% general sales tax for a total of US $84.37.
- The program fee to the Belize Tourism Board is US $1,200.00 for a Single Applicant; additional dependant pays a fee of US $750.00, which includes fee for the issuance of the Retirement Card.
- A Non-Refundable application fee of US $150.00 payable to the Belize Tourism Board must accompany the application and required documents.
- Note that payments are payable to Belize Tourism Board and must be paid either by US Bank Draft, US Cashier’s Check or US Cash.
- Kindly note that the below does not include medical examination expense, photographs, notarization of documents and overseas couriers for the application. Any additional work will be at a fee of US $50.00 per hour.
Processing Fee for Single Applicant for Retiree Program||US $ 700.00|
|Administration & Miscellaneous Expenses||US $ 100.00|
|General Sales Tax (12.5% of $800.00)||US $ 100.00|
|TOTAL FEES||US $ 900.00 |
INTERNATIONAL SERVICES LTD.
PO Box 2284, #16 Albert Hoy Avenue, Belama Phase 1,
BELIZE CITY, BELIZE, CENTRAL AMERICA
Welcome | Offshore Services | Retirement Services | Investment Services | About Belize | About Our Firm | Contact Us